The event will kick off with a free Kids 1K Fun Run (slightly more than ½ mile) at 12:45 pm and be followed by the 5.5 mile Road Race at 1:30 pm. The event starting location is on Pearl Street in downtown Mystic.
2014 EVENT PHOTOS: http://www.jmachtphotography.com/Sports/2014-Running/2014-Tarzan-Brown/i-bpjngF8
Traditionally, over 800 participants take part in this fun, yet competitive event along the banks of the scenic Mystic River. First 500 participants will receive a tee shirt. Join the post-race event at Cottrell Park located in Mystic for Clam Chowder, Harvest Bread and Cider and an award presentation for top finishers. The fee is $25 / individual; participants can register at the YMCA, online at active.com, or on race day on Pearl Street starting at 10:00 am.
Event details and schedule
Date and Time: Sunday, November 2nd 2014. Start time is 1:30 PM sharp. Please plan on arriving early.
- Parking will be at a premium. Carpool if possible. Please be respectful when parking. There will be no parking on Pearl Street. (Race start and finish)
- Early number pick-up: Saturday, November 1st, 2014 – 2 PM to 4 PM at the Ocean Community YMCA – Mystic Branch, upstairs in the Crafts Room.
- We invite you to please plan on staying for post race festivities at Cottrell Park in downtown Mystic. Refreshments will be available to racers and prepaid guests. Race results and prizes to follow the race.
- Timing: We will be using a chip timing system. They will be on the back of your racing numbers. Race numbers must be worn on your front side, just below your chest.
- Maps: Maps of the course can be found on the Ocean Community YMCA website: http://www.oceancommunityymca.org
- Day of number pick-up: We will be located on Pearl Street for pre-registered number pick-up from 11am-1pm.
- Emergency personnel will be spread out along the courses for your safety as well.
Awards provided for Overall Male & Overall Female!
Plus Top 3 Males/Females in the following divisions:
Juniors (Under 15)
High School (15 - 17)
Open (18 - 39)
Masters (40 - 49)
Grand Masters (50 - 59)
Seniors (60 - 69)